- Lewa Wildlife Conservancy‘s newly appointed US-based director needed a keen editor for the year-end newsletter as well as a way to introduce herself and her vision.
- Lewa’s community conservation model has gained visibility in recent years and many are looking to replicate what they do.
- Lewa staff are awash in inspiring stories, but many of those stories have never been harvested
- I edited the newsletter under a tight deadline and helped channel the new director’s vision into the stories.
- I also hosted a story workshop where key staff practiced telling their favorite Lewa stories.
- Many of the stories were new to their fellow employees and the most powerful of the bunch were earmarked for future development.
- Now, those stories are being produced and shared with donors, reporters and other conservancies interested in the remarkable social collaboration Lewa is facilitating to protect wildlife and support communities.